Tuesday, May 27, 2008

30 Walks: Week One

Well, I only walked 4 out of 7 days. Two of those were days when the walking happened during other activities, a school group tour of a historic site, and a farm tour. But as long as I get my heart and lungs pumping, I am counting it. Any kind of walking is better than the days when I don't leave the desk chair at all, or spend the day doing a lot exhausting emotional or mental work with little physical challenge). I didn't count yesterday, although I did a lot of work at home and at Mom's house - it wasn't cardio-challenging.

Not a very inspiring start, but I think I need to find the right pattern. I wanted to walk in the evening, but I am often very tired by then. I came back from Mom's yesterday at 8:30pn, and almost instantly fell asleep in the chair after chugging half a gallon of water. Over all, it was a more active week than usual, and a better start than no start at all. I will do better this coming week.

No comments: